Test Bank for What is Life? A Guide to Biology with Physiology 3rd Edition Phelan
Test Bank for What is Life? A Guide to Biology with Physiology, 3rd Edition, Jay Phelan, ISBN-10: 1-4641-5774-X, ISBN-13: 978-1-4641-5774-5, ISBN-10: 146415774X, ISBN-13: 9781464157745
Table of Contents
Part 1 THE FACTS OF LIFE
1. Scientific Thinking | Your best pathway to understanding the world
2. Chemistry | Raw materials and fuel for our bodies
3. Cells | The smallest part of you
4. Energy | From the sun to you in just two steps
Part 2 GENETICS, EVOLUTION, AND BEHAVIOR
5. DNA, Gene Expression, and Biotechnology | What is the code, and how is it harnessed?
6. Chromosomes and Cell Division | Continuity and variety
7. Genes and Inheritance | Family resemblance: how traits are inherited
8. Evolution and Natural Selection | Darwin’s dangerous idea
9. Evolution and Behavior | Communication, cooperation, and conflict in the animal world
Part 3 EVOLUTION AND THE DIVERSITY OF LIFE
10. The Origin and Diversification of Life on Earth | Understanding biodiversity
11. Animal Diversification | Visibility in motion
12. Plant and Fungi Diversification | Where did all the plants and fungi come from?
13. Evolution and Diversity among the Microbes | Bacteria, archaea, protists, and viruses: the unseen world
Part 4 ECOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
14. Population Ecology | Planet at capacity: patterns of population growth
15. Ecosystems and Communities | Organisms and their environments
16. Conservation and Biodiversity | Human influences on the environment
Part 5 PLANT LIFE
17. Plant Structure and Nutrient Transport | How plants function and why we need them
18. Growth and Reproduction in Plants | Problem solving with flowers and wood .
19. Plants Respond to their Environments | Defending and regulating while rooted in the ground .
Part 6 HEALTH AND PHYSIOLOGY
20. Introduction to Animal Physiology | Principles of animal organization and function
21. Circulation and Respiration | Transporting fuel, raw materials, and gases into, out of, and around the body
22. Nutrition and Digestion | At rest and at play: optimizing human physiological functioning
23. Nervous and Motor Systems | Actions, reactions, sensations, and addictions: meet your nervous system
24. Hormones | Mood, emotions, growth, and more: hormones as master regulators .
25. Reproduction and Development | From two parents to one embryo to one baby
26. Immunity and Health | How the body defends and maintains itself