Test Bank for Nutrition: Concepts and Controversies 14th Edition Sizer
Test Bank for Nutrition: Concepts and Controversies, 14th Edition, Frances Sizer, Ellie Whitney, ISBN-10: 1305627997, ISBN-13: 9781305627994
Table of Contents
Nutrition: Concepts and Controversies
1. Food Choices and Human Health.
2. Nutrition Tools—Standards and Guidelines.
3. The Remarkable Body.
4. The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, Glycogen, and Fiber.
5. The Lipids: Fats, Oils, Phospholipids, and Sterols.
6. The Proteins and Amino Acids.
7. The Vitamins.
8. Water and Minerals.
9. Energy Balance and Healthy Body Weight.
10. Performance Nutrition.
11. Diet and Health.
12. Food Safety and Food Technology.
13. Life Cycle Nutrition: Mother and Infant.
14. Child, Teen, and Older Adult.
15. Hunger and the Future of Food.
Appendix A. Table of Food Composition.
Appendix B. World Health Organization Nutrition Recommendations and Guidelines.
Appendix C. Aids to Calculations.
Appendix D. Food Lists for Diabetes and Weight Management.
Appendix E. Food Patterns to Meet the Food Intake Patterns.
Appendix F. Notes.
Appendix G. Answers to Chapter Questions.
Appendix H. Physical Activity Levels and Energy Requirements.
Appendix I. Chemical Structures of Carbohydrates, Lipids, Amino Acids, and Peptides.